Olympic Pear Pancake
1 Tbs butter
2 15-oz cans pears
1/2 cup light brown sugar
4 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp lemon extract
1/8 tsp salt
3 Tbs butter
1/2 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup lite pear syrup (reserved from can)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray edges of 6 individual ramekins with nonstick spray.
3. Melt 1 Tbs butter and pour into bottoms of ramekins.
4. Drain pears, reserving ¾ cup of syrup.
5. Slice pears 1/2-inch thick and arrange slices in bottom of ramekins.
6. Add eggs, then flour, sugar, flavorings, and salt into blender.
7. Blend to a smooth, thick batter, scraping sides as needed.
8. Add 3 Tbs butter and reserved pear syrup to the batter, blend until smooth.
9. Pour batter evenly into ramekins, and bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and fluffy.
10. Let cool about 5 minutes, then sprinkle tops with lemon juice, sift with powdered sugar, and arrange berries on top.
Innkeeper’s note: If you don’t have ramekins, you can bake one big (truly Olympic) pancake in a 9” pie pan and slice into individual servings.
Recipe shared by Sea Cliff Gardens Bed & Breakfast