1 1/3 cups pancake mix
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup molasses
1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups water, depending upon how thick you like your batter
1. Mix the above ingredients until just moistened.
2. Cook on greased griddle at a medium heat until bubbly, then turn over to cook the other side for about a minute (lift the pancake with the spatula a bit and take a peak to see if the bottom is browned).
3. Serve hot with warm lemon sauce (below).
1/2 c sugar
1 Tbs cornstarch
Pinch of ground nutmeg
1 c hot water
2 Tbs butter or margarine
1/2 tsp grated lemon rind either fresh or dried
2 Tbs lemon juice
1. In medium saucepan mix sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg
2. Gradually add in water.
3. Cook, stirring over medium heat until mixture is thick and clear.
4. Add butter, lemon rind and lemon juice. Stir until butter melts.
Innkeeper’s note: These are best served immediately, but they can be held for a short time in a low oven. Cover pancakes to keep them from drying out.
Recipe shared by Miller Tree Inn